Sunday 5 July 2015

Some other things...

Firstly let's hope that the Greeks say OXI today. 'We are witnessing the twilight of democracy.' Anti-vaxxers are just so fucking stupid. Dumb, dumber, dumbest. Well that was a massive show of strength wasn't it? Don't forget that if you are in Melbourne there is opposition planned against the United Patriots Front rally next Saturday on the steps of Parliament House at 1PM. I wonder how many boneheads they will attract this time? The revolution has been digitised. I've not always agreed with Robert Christgau but this is getting ridiculous. I strongly urge you to join Barney Hoskyns's Facebook group 'Stop Working For Free'. Why on earth did Facebook remove this post even if it was only for a little while? So Kanye at Glastonbury ruffled a few feathers. An old girlfriend of mine tweeted that she would rather 'watch an Andrew Lloyd Weber (sic) musical' so it's probably for the best that that relationship didn't work I think. I hope that Neil Kulkarni does expound on this post. Also looking forward to Mark Fisher's forthcoming post on Kanye's Glastonbury appearance at k-punk. I did enjoy Spirtualized, the Super Furry Animals and Sleaford Mods too, talking of whom there is a good piece on them in today's Observer by my old mate Sean O'Hagen. I'm a big Grateful Dead fan but these Fare Thee Well gigs? I think it's almost a pity that Trey didn't dose them all with smack (to be closer to Jerry) and put us ALL out of our misery. And yeah, Phil Lesh should never be allowed near a microphone. If you want to read more crap from me in 1977 then go here and yes I did try and keep Allan away from Johnny and the Self Abusers but Lenny Love from Bruce's obviously got in his ear. Sorry you can blame me for Simple Minds. I've looked in the couch and all my pockets. Not quite enough. DamnFinally I leave you with a video from one of my favourite Melbourne Artists Be Free...

No comments:

Post a Comment