Tuesday 31 January 2012

The Future Bride?


The milky way she walks around
All feet firmly off the ground
Two worlds collide, two worlds collide
Here comes the future bride
Gimme a lift to the lunar base
I wanna marry a monster from outer space

I fell in love with an alien being
whose skin was jelly - whose teeth were green
she had the big bug eyes and the death-ray glare
feet like water wings - purple hair
I was over the moon - I asked her back to my place
Then I married the monster - from outer space

The days were numbered - the nights were spent
in a rent free furnished oxygen tent
when a cyborg chef served up moon beams
done super rapid on a laser beam
I needed nutrition to keep up the pace
when I married the monster from outer space

We walked out - tentacle in hand
you could sense that the earthlings would not understand
they'd go.. nudge nudge ...when we got off the bus
saying it's extra-terrestial - not like us
and it's bad enough with another race
but fuck me... a monster ...from outer space

In a cybernetic fit of rage
she pissed off to another age
she lives in 1999
with her new boyfriend - a blob of slime
each time I see her translucent face
I remember the monster from outer space
- John Cooper Clarke

4 comments:

  1. That popped up on my iTunes about 10 minutes ago!!!
    Man's a genius.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure is Stan/
    He told one of my fave jokes once when I saw him live, unfortunately he was so smacked out that it took him about 20 mins to get to the punch line but boy was it worth it!
    Will put the joke over at the Chook later (abridged version obvs!)
    Btw - you ever read James Young's Nico book? The passages of Nico and JCC sharing the flat in Brixton are funny and sad at the same time.
    Regards/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Nico book is a tough read. Such a tragic figure. I remember seeing her live in mid 80's and she was actually pretty damn good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2Stan/
    Yr not thinking of the one by the guy from The Passage are you? Jy's one had me in stitches all the way thru. An old friend of mine who went on to manage The Fall promoted many a gig by her back then and yeah there were some good ones but on the other hand...and one I saw in Amsterdam was just downright fugn unbelievably bad...the major problem was def that her manager Alan Wise was just employing heaps of dubious Manc talent to back her...some line ups were good and others...
    Solo she was almost always magnificent (and I loved that Patti Smith was the person who sorted her out w/ a new harmonium after hers was 'lost'!
    Regards/

    ReplyDelete