Friday 29 May 2009

Smoking # 18 (AKA revenge is a dish best served stone cold!)

Some of you more regular readers may recall when I was rightly pissed off when regular contributor of photos to this blog TimN managed to get me to take his photo with Charlie Haden and then was unable to snap me and the great man...(here.)
Well I haven't quite forgiven him for that, but look what I found while surfing the net the other day.
An article from the English music paper the 'Melody Maker' dated September 24th, 1977 about Glasgow and punk rock, containing an interview with Tim!
(Nice to see he was talking crap back in those days too!)
Such a handsome wee laddie...contrast with the picture above and we can only wonder what went wrong?


(Click on above images to enlarge.)
PS: I did leave a message with Tim suggesting that a small bribe would stop me publishing this, but as yet I have not heard back so...I am sure I will hear from him tho'

UPDATE:
Well I thought that this would get Tim out of hibernation. Check the comments for his response.

5 comments:

  1. Ah, happy memories of watching The Alleged at the Doune Castle, and celbrating the night they got played by John Peel. And I can still feel the atmosphere of fags and booze and sweat at the Burns Howff. Good times. And yes, Tim was handsome young laddie, but the fags have played havoc with his complexion. Mox

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2Mo
    I remember the Burns Howf (& Inspector Hovis!) well.
    Regards/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeez thank you Mona!
    And I thought you were a friend?
    In my defence I was young and can I point out that I tried to keep Allan Jones away from bloody Simple Minds, who i thought then were one of the worst bands known to mankind!
    For my sins I got involved in a fight with Jim kerr & Charlie Burchill after that was published.
    Maybe I should start a blog and dish up some dirt on you eh?
    Tim

    ReplyDelete